The variation that is newest of Illustrator CC has some stellar features to accelerate your creative workflow
Illustrator has for ages been conventional with regards to vector design and illustration. Since its release that is first way in 1987, it’s been go-to for anyone wanting to create infinitely scalable illustrations. During its journey to its current CC 2018 incarnation – a mere 30 years after the launch that is original the application has evolved into much more than an ‘illustration’ tool.
Whether you’re working with type, on branding projects, or icons that are designing apps and the net, Illustrator has pretty much everything you require. The 2018 releases (we say releases because there clearly was one update to the 2018 application November that is last another update this April) bring many brand new features.
Illustrator CC 2018 doesn’t set the globe on fire – it’s maybe not a change that is huge any means. But it does tweak the application, bringing a host of workflow-orientated tools that will speed up your design that is everyday work. We’re particularly impressed utilizing the added typographic options and the number that is brand new of. In reality, the Color that is new Themes is pretty damn good, as well. You go from concept to completion in record speeds if you’re still on CS6, Illustrator CC 2018 is just a whole brand new experience and one that will certainly assist.
You first open the app you’ll observe that everything is instead different if you’re coming to a CC subscription from an older version of Illustrator – perhaps CS6, for instance – when. The welcome screen of the application is comprehensive, providing you with options to create a document that is now open a recent one from your hard disk drive (or indeed from your CC storage, or from concepts you’ve created in Adobe’s range of mobile apps). So when you produce a document that is new you’re presented with different templates according to the discipline you’re working in – mobile, web, printing, film and animation, and art and illustration.
Of program, it is possible to specify your own document setup, but having templates for, say, iPhone, can speed the process up. Templates are of course nothing new in the imaginative world, however, their depth in CC 2017 has to be applauded – and can truly speed work up.
Also, if you want to switch to the simplified touch interface, so you can easily make use of your Windows 10 tablet or hybrid as a digital sketchbook if you’re utilizing a touch-based device, Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 will ask
These come along with a slicker feel to your UI, that is customisable – you can select the brightness: dark, medium dark, medium light, or light. So let’s have a look at what’s new and how these features can speed up your creative workflow
A neat new feature that came in April this year is the Image Crop tool. OK, so it’s not strictly a vector tool, more a feature that enables you to crop placed images without moving into Photoshop.
Bear in mind that when you crop an image Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 Review will embed it – so you’re not actually messing with the original placed file. It’s a small addition, but useful
Relating to fonts, you can additionally select characters that are special symbols, such as variations on hyphens and dashes, white-space characters like the en dash or em dash, and characters that break a line or line. These options can be found while working with text, either from the menu that is typically the context menu in Illustrator CC 2018.
The zoom tool doesn’t generally get the attention that is much but there were some refinements to your process of zooming in this variation of Illustrator. Zooming now retains focus on a selected object, in the same way within InDesign. Then boost the magnification, either via the keyboard or menu commands, and the display will focus automatically on the selected object if working on small objects, select them.
Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 has also improved the precisions with which layouts are generated. Precision is especially helpful for UX and UI designers who need to produce artwork that is pixel-perfect. Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 adds the power to objects that are aligned with individual course segments and anchor points that comprise them. Objects can be created or drawn in order that they align to your pixel grid, and retain this alignment when moved or scaled.
As the list of Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 features which can be new less than overwhelming, and it is not more likely to make it attractive to new users, it shows a set of incremental enhancements that benefit long-time Illustrator users.
Key Features of Adobe Illustrator CC
- Cloud libraries
- Touch type device
- Images in brushes
- Font search
- Multiple file place
- CSS removal
- Color syncing
- Sync settings
- Auto corners for pattern brushes
- On-art transform tool that is free
- Exchange panel
- File packaging
- Unembedded images
- Expanded links panel option
- Live corners
- Rebuilt pencil tool
- Path section reshaping
- Typekit integration
- Windows 8 help for pen and touch pressure
- Custom tools panels
- Settings export and import
- Perspective improvements that are drawing
- Responsive export that is SVG
- Live shapes: rectangles and rectangles being rounded
- Pen tool preview
- Anchor point improvements
- Snap to pixel, grid and point updates
- Close paths with control
- Windows GPU acceleration
- Imaginative Cloud libraries
- Touch workplace
- Curvature device
- Join tool
- Area-type auto-sizing
- Integration using the illustrator household of mobile apps
- Custom brushes, graphics, and colors
- Edit once, update everywhere
- Adobe Stock marketplace integration
- Fast magnification and zoom
- Freeform merge/subtract mode for the Shapebuilder tool
- Shaper tool
- Ellipses, polygons and lines shapes
- Dynamic symbols
- Smart Guides
- SVG export option
- Touch workplace
Oh, and a few other improvements that are minor. There are now in-context glyphs which can be alternate meaning you can quickly add them as you set your kind). You can even add unique characters through the menu that is typed. And there are keyboard shortcuts for incorporating characters which can be hidden such as em dashes – don’t get too excited, will you?
Pixel-perfect precision is key to those focusing on, say, icon designs. The Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 release brought new pixel grid tools for this very explanation in November a year ago. You can decide to align an existing item to a pixel grid by using new snapping options (using the drop-down into the Control panel). Again, it is a typical example of Adobe tweaking the application, making it a little easier for you to utilize.
Another example of this might be the Zoom to Selection function. When you zoom in and out – by manually utilizing the Zoom device or keyboard that is using – Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 centers your selected object. Again, it isn’t life-changing, but it can be useful when working on finer details.
- Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
macOS version 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X variation 10.11 (El Capitan), or Mac OS X version 10.10 (Yosemite)
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 2 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional space that is free during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended)
- Optional: to utilize GPU Performance, your Mac should have a minimum of 1 GB of VRAM (2 GB recommended), and your computer must support OpenGL version 4.0 or greater
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- 1 GB of RAM (3 GB recommended) for 32 bit; 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended) for 64 bit
- 2 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional area that is free during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage products)
- 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 suggested)
- To view Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 in HiDPI mode, your monitor must support a resolution of 1920 x 1080 or even more
- To utilize the brand new Touch workspace in Adobe Illustrator CC 2018, you must have a tablet/monitor that is touch-screen-enabled Windows 8.1 or
- Windows 10 (Microsoft Surface Pro 3 recommended)
- to use GPU Performance, an Intel is needed by you, NVIDIA or AMD movie adapter from those given just below (medium/high-end recommended), 1 GB of VRAM (2 GB recommended) and the latest drivers for optimal performance
- Great typography that is brand new
- Color Themes panel is ace
- All-encompassing toolset for, well, designing anything